Thursday, October 27, 2011

Step 3: Classes

First of all, I need to apologize for not updating in about two weeks. My life has been particularly busy with a lot of stuff that has kept me from updating.
Ok, now on to the important stuff. Classes are a large part of college life. In fact, it can be debated for those who aren't alcoholics that classes are probably the most important part of college.
The first thing I have to say is you definitely should go to class. This is because that's what you pay for. All those student fees and all that bullshit you pay for in the tuition? Most of that is used to pay for the salaries of the professors. So yeah, go to class. If you don't, you're literally wasting your money.
The most important thing is to pay attention and take notes. Yes I know that your first two years you'll probably take a lot of prerequisite classes that are bullshit but you know what? Wherever you go, life's filled with bullshit so get used to it. Also, it helps to get good grades because a GPA ideally above a 3.5 looks good on any resume  whether you apply for a job or for grad school.
Sometimes you might have classes that you might want to skip because everything is posted online. I say you should go anyway. Unless the new Call of Duty just came out you are probably not doing anything better. And if you can't pay attention, bring your laptop or any other device with internet. It provides some really good entertainment and there's no cheaper thrill than watching Predator 2 on your Blackberry (which I've in fact done).
Stay tuned for the next installment which I promise I will release next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment